The only thing constant in our life is Change and one of the biggest allies of change is time, which keeps on ticking away at its own pace. Only if we knew how much little time we had to cherish then we surely would never miss a single opportunity to enjoy life.
There must be thousands of places which you would love to visit, a long lost hobby you want to take up, a special someone you would love to profess your feelings to, but even though our heart asks us to “Do It” our mind brands it under the “To be done Later“ list. But what if there is no “Later’, what if today is your last day. What would you do? Here we bring forward stories of some people who had their wishes granted while at life’s tag end.
1. My grandma wanted to see the ocean one last time before checking into hospice. Her face says it all.
The sheer joy of experiencing waves crashing upon her legs is so much evident from her hearty smile.
2. A terminally ill air force veteran suffering from liver cancer was granted his forever wish of skydiving.
While serving the country he had always hoped for a skydiving order, but the same didn’t shape up until his final days.
3. Diagnosed with cystic fibrosis at a very young age, Mary knew she didn’t have much time left. Her last wish was getting married to her best friend Damien.
A heart-wrenching end to this love story was witnessed by her family and hospital staff.
4. Grandfather’s last wish of sipping his favorite beer was taken care of by his grandchildren who snucked it inside the nursing home.
5. When she had only a few more hours left she wished to see her best friend for one last time.
Oliver the Cat was brought to the hospital where he snuggled next to his once vivacious owner.
6. A little 11 year old girl had her dream of getting walked down the ‘Aisle’ fulfilled at a rather early age because her dying dad just might not be present when she comes of age.
7. This young at heart former show jumper had her dream of riding a horse for that one last time fulfilled.
8. Dying brother requests one last visit home to cuddle his new born sister.
9. When this dying lady feared that she didn’t have enough time left till Christmas, the neighborhood turned Santa Claus and celebrated Christmas early for her to participate.
10. Who doesn’t wish to have a fairytale ending? This 3-Year-Old Girl had hers in the lap of her fairytale princess which was her last dying wish.