If you could live at any time in history, when would you live? No doubt, you would choose an exciting time with a lot of things going on. Maybe you would want to fight against Hitler or watch the first Olympics. Personally, I would like to see how they built the Pyramids. The truth is that even if we could live during those times, we probably would not see the things we want to see.
For example, we probably would not have seen the French Revolution, even if we lived during that time. So, we have to stick to our history books. But our history books have become a lot more exciting, especially thanks to pictures such as these.
1. These guys are members of the Red Warriors. A violent gang in Paris who used to attack neo-Nazis in the 1980’s.
2. An astronaut’s breakfast. What would you like to try and eat?
3. This is David Isom who broke the color line at a public pool when America still used segregation. Officials soon closed the facility.
4. The morning after the devastating first Passchendaele battle.
5. An exhausted stockbroker on Black Friday, the worst day in stock market history.
6. The English football team gives Hitler the N**i salute in a game against the German team. Hitler, Goering, and Goebbels were all present.
7. American soldiers heading for the beaches of Algeria, 1942. That one man looks like a child.
8. Two captured Luftwaffe crewmen are escorted by British guards.
9. This is Two Moons, a Cheyenne chief who fought against the United States Army at the Battle Of The Little Big Horn.
10. American soldiers in Korea, 1950.
11. Che Guevara- military theorist, Argentine Marxist revolutionary, guerrilla leader, and physician. This is him after his execution in 1967.
12. A couple saying goodbye before he goes to war, 1944.
13. 1960’s, and Australian Aborigines are classified under the Flora and Fauna Act. Basically, they were seen as animals.
14. And Indian Ascetic, 1870’s, he wore that collar to prevent himself from lying down. Asceticism is a lifestyle where followers deny themselves physical desires in pursuit of spiritual goals.
15. One of Johnny Cash’s to-do list. It looks like he had his priorities straight.
16. Sophia Loren, a gorgeous woman who was proud of the fact that she was plus-sized.
17. Hitler and Mussolini engage in an awkward handshake.