It’s no surprise that the consequences of war are downright lethal. Especially, after we came over World War I & II, the drastic effects human intervention has on nature became clearer. We are unable to recover from the damage done back then. For a closer inspection of what has been done, we have got a compilation that shows what the places affected by World War were during the mentioned time and what they are like right now.
The journey through this gallery is going to be a blend of emotions- some you will like and some you simply won’t.
1. An attack on Pearl Harbor happened on December 7, 1941.
And this is how it looks like right now.
3. This is a picture of the Ardennes: Belgium, Luxembourg during the battle of the Bulge which was fought in between Dec 16, 1944, and Jan 25, 1945.
Currently, there is a memorial in that area.
3. The city of Stalingrad after the Battle of Stalingrad which was fought in between 23 August 1942 and 2 February 1943.
It is now known as Volgograd.
5. The Second Battle of El Alamein was fought from Oct 23, 1942, to Nov 5, 1942.
This is El Alamein Commonwealth Cemetary, Egypt.
6. The Battle of Midway fought from Jun 4, 1942, to Jun 7, 1942.
A flight over Midway Atoll.
7. Invasion of Normandy which started from June 6, 1944, and ended July 1944.
The sunset there looks like this now.
A beach along Anzio, Italy.
9. The Battle of Okinawa fought between Apr 1, 1945, and Jun 22, 1945.
This is Okinawa Peace Memorial.