Every time there is an election for a representative in a state that you belong to, you obviously would cast your vote for the candidate whom you think is best suited for the part, that’s what everyone wants. If you’re a politically inactive person like me, I guess making this decision would be quite hard. But if your state had a candidate like Michael D. Higgins (current President of Ireland) running for the election, he would make the job very easy for you.
You see, the terms for Presidency in Ireland come with a very limited power under the constitution of world affairs meaning the post is hugely ceremonial. And the current representative, Mister Higgins is quite the charm. People under his constituency haven’t stopped gushing about the 77-year-old’s loving and warm nature. Let’s just say we all long for a person like him in our hearts. Maybe, the grandpa we always wanted. Here are some of the pictures shared by the Irish folks.
1. The President and his dogs photobombing this man’s picture in Phoenix.
2. And then another guy went and got a haircut from the man in the photo.
— Paddy Barnes OLY (@paddyb_ireland) March 22, 2016
3. President Higgins and his relation with his dog Bród is so refreshing.
This picture brings me levels of joy I can't quite express pic.twitter.com/jIx9Xw8Hvu
— Gráinne Biddle 💃🏻 (@grainnebiddle) June 23, 2017
4. Just like us the normal citizens, Mr. Higgins also waits in line for the ATM.
Ladies and gents I bring you Michael D Higgins waiting in line for an ATM .. Your welcome. pic.twitter.com/BnFqZBFzze
— cíara (@1DBeours) March 26, 2014
5. The president, his wife, and his dogs Bród and Síoda welcoming the Duch and Duchess of Sussex at Áras an Uachtaráin.
— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) July 11, 2018
6. Love is indeed in the air, wife Sabina and Higgins getting cozy.
President Michael D Higgins Promises To Continue Being ‘Adorable As F**k’ If Re-elected pic.twitter.com/etNrV4xfmu
— Mallow News (@MallowNews) July 10, 2018
7. This is at the funeral of Captain Mark Duffy and that is his son Fionn hugging Michael D.
8. It is the sweetest thing ever! The president and his dogs being so close to him, it just shows that he has a loving nature. Animals don’t fake!
— Sorcha Browne (@iamsorchab) July 11, 2018
9. In his golden days at Bob Dylan’s concert in Slane, 1984.
If you needed a reason to love Michael D Higgins: a) this photo of him at Bob Dylan in Slane in 1984 pic.twitter.com/dYfY4UCiAA
— Cian Nugent (@ciannugent) May 30, 2015
10. It is just so charming to see them together.
Find someone who enjoys being with you as much as Bród likes being with Michael D Higgins pic.twitter.com/zr8cu0hhUg
— Rajiv (@jiffington) July 10, 2017
11. I think we should all get one of these.
These are just class. Anyone for Michael Tea Higgins 😀 pic.twitter.com/0b9zIi82Ob
— PadraigMacLochlainn (@PadraigMacL) January 5, 2017
12. Katie invited the President to her wedding; he couldn’t make it so he sent her this letter.
— KatieAmakk (@katie_makk) July 28, 2017
13. And here he is riding a freaking BMX.
Funny photo of Michael D Higgins and the Vicar in Pat the Postman pic.twitter.com/V2o1nrIH0I
— Live at Oriel (@LiveatOriel) September 21, 2015
14. A picture with the Irish rugby union player, Simon Zebo.
15. Don’t they just look lovely?
— President of Ireland (@PresidentIRL) June 30, 2018
16. Higgins will be running for the next term as well, good luck Mr. President!
A confident Michael D Higgins does a phone interview with RTE about his announcement that he will seek a second term as Irish President. pic.twitter.com/m76C6AOVmb
— MLAs And The Like (@MLAsAndTheLike) July 10, 2018
If that didn’t make your heart melt, maybe you don’t like grandparents. I don’t know, I’m just saying, I mean who doesn’t like grandparents? They are as cute as a button. And President Higgins is our favorite. Much love for Ireland, you’re in good hands!