The best part about being an adult is that you can literally do anything you want without anyone telling you that you can’t. Unless you want to break the law. In which case, there are a lot of people telling you that you can’t. I feel that we often forget about the fun side to being an adult and rather focus on the difficult parts.
We’re going to change that today and look at a pair of adults who did something fun and creative. We’re also going to see how you can do the same thing. Feel free to add your own twist, though, this isn’t a dictatorship.
1. The first thing you need to do is find a flight of stairs. This is non-negotiable.
2. Sand the stairs and apply a coat of primer. Only do this to every second step so that you can get up and down the stairs while it is drying. This is especially important if your loo is on the second floor.
3. When the first steps are dry, apply primer to the rest. Use something to indicate where it is safe to step; a foot full of primer is not the goal here.
4. Now, decide on the color scheme and arrange the paint cans accordingly. You’re doing great so far!
5. Don’t worry, when it dries it will be the correct color. Unless you bought the wrong color.
6. Again, paint every other step.
7. Let the first round dry up while you admire your excellent painting skills.
8. Go ahead and paint the rest of the steps when the first batch is dry.
9. You can use paint cans to mark the dry steps.
10. Don’t forget to paint the bottom of the steps as well.
11. This would be a good time to remind you to apply tape to the sides of the steps to ensure a nice, clean result.
12. Let the first coat dry and then apply a second coat. Keep in mind that it might need more than two coats. You can stop when it looks good.
13. While you wait for the paint to dry, consider what you want to use to accessorize the stairwell.
14. The lamp can be your next DIY project, or if you’re tired you can order one online.
15. If you can’t find a multi-colored lamp then pictures should do the trick. Unless you want both. Which is also cool.
16. Add a few coats of varnish to ensure a polished look. And so that it won’t come off when you wash the floors.
17. Look! Look at your new steps and rejoice! (Don’t forget to remove the tape)
18. Your job is done when the cat approves.