Every culture has different sets of ground rules and the way its people work. We totally appreciate that. Some things are just hard to swallow, though. In case of Americans, there a heck lot of things they do which we can’t cope with. Whether it’s about the way their traffic rules work or their obsession with PJs, all of it goes a long way.
And there are more. So much more. You’d be amazed later and your jaw will drop first. That’s how good it’s gonna be for you.
1. American waiters will ask you if everything is fine after every ten minutes.
It can be a bit annoying at some time but they will do it anyway.
2. Their unit system is very confusing.
That’s mostly because they do not use the standard Celsius scale and the metric system like the rest of the world.
3. The laws are different in every state.
While it’s perfectly fine to make a right on a red light in one state, it’s illegal to do so in the other. How damn weird is that?
4. Who needs privacy anyway, right?
Also, due to there not being "occupied" notices on toilet doors, they instead make the door gap really large. ? pic.twitter.com/8dO18CtX7i
— Keith Pitt (@keithpitt) April 30, 2014
5. The size of the highways there is super huge.
6. A random ad on the subway of a doctor or a lawyer popping up.
7. Tax not included in the price tags.
This means that when you pay the bill it’s going end up being a surprising amount for you. Not good at all.
8. They put their flag on everything.
I think they get creative with it too.
9. They have this weird obsession with Oreos.
Plus, they have too many flavors.
10. The French bread there has this weird shape that looks like someone gave them muscles.
I do not want my bread to have muscles.
11. People there probably have stone strong teeth because restaurants there serve really chilled water.
Glasses brimmed with ice cubes.
12. Americans have a thing for commercials.
They just love the way their commercials work. For the same reason, the episode with a 40-minute run has so many of them.
13. Overusing the air conditioner.
For AC is there to blast, I get it. But they will go from sweating like a mad person to needing a jacket so quick, you’d never know what hit them.
14. Advertisements for prescribed medicine is two seconds about its uses and the rest is about the side effects of it.
Thanks for telling.
15. Pharmacy over there also has a stack of alcohol and cigarettes.
16. There cars are damn big.
17. People can go anywhere in their PJ.
18. When you say ‘How are you’ there, it actually means ‘Hello’.